5 Tips on What to do on a College Tour.
Since I am a junior in high school, this is prime college touring time! I feel like I am going on tours left and right. The college search process is definitely a stressful one, and I am not even close to being done! (I am touring schools in Texas next week!) But the one thing I know for sure is touring the college is the MOST important thing to do.
If you do not tour the school, you will never know what it is actually like to be there and be on campus! More times than not when you go on a tour, you go in thinking one thing and leave thinking another. This is so important because you get one step closer to finding out where you really belong, and that is the most important part. Plus touring gets you excited about your future and ready for the next part of your life!
What to do:
- Make sure you plan ahead and register for your tour ahead of time! (often times they run out of spots quickly especially on football weekends!)
- Wear comfortable shoes! This is so important, you do lots of walking!
- Ask questions! This is the main reason of the tour and what your guides are for so don't be shy!
- (If you can) Stay with a friend that goes to school there so you can get the whole experience and see a student's perspective of campus!
- Email your guides and thank them for the tour, and make sure it is not a generic thank you letter that could have been sent anywhere! (mention something from your tour)
I hope these tips helped! Trust me I am no expert and have no idea where I want to go but touring colleges is so fun to me and really helps me with my search!